Thursday, December 29, 2011

South African douchebags and other crass people

My oldest kid is in the Peace Corps in South Africa and he texted me today to tell me some Zulu douche stole his Kindle and wallet. My kid was on the beach celebrating Christmas and the money in his wallet was money I gave him so he could afford the trip. Anyway, money can be replaced and I'm glad nobody got hurt.

On a slightly related but different subject, we also recently relocated from South Dakota to Pennsylvania and even though I've lived in a lot of big cities and spent a lot of time in New York City, Chicago, Altlanta and DC over the years I still am constantly amazed at the primal and antisocial behavior people sometimes exhibit. I grew up in Montana and lived in Western states for many of my years and am always taken by how much more civil and self-reliant folks are back there then they are here in the East. Always dangerous to generalize and stereotype, but the institutionalized, self-serving and just plain pissy attitudes are so pervasive around here that it can be almost suffocating at times. Why the hell can't people just lighten the hell up? I'm not the one who took a sh!t in your bowl of Wheaties, so don't take it out on me :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment